Have you tried playing chess on your Kindle yet? I sincerely recommend it. Chess (A Classic Game for Kindle) by Oak Systems Leisure Software can now be downloaded onto your Kindle for only $2.99. Wireless needs to be turned on in order load the game but not necessary for playing. You can choose to play with a friend or against the Kindle selecting a number of options:
- Level of Play – 1 to 10 with 10 being the most advanced
- Color of chess pieces – select black or white
- Time – Set a time limit or choose not to have a time restriction
- Name – You can change player name
A detailed set of easy to understand instructions is included as well as a section on How to Play Chess.
Some very nice features are:
- Graphics are clear.
- A list of the last 4 moves is on the bottom of the board.
- Pieces taken off the board are on a box at the bottom of the board.
- Kindle lets you know when a piece is in check.
- Kindle even lets you take back a move.
Bottom line—this is a great buy. If you play chess, have a Kindle and can afford $2.99 then this is definitely the app for you.